Why You Need A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Toronto
If you are injured in a motorcycle accident in the Greater Toronto Area, it’s important to get legal representation to ensure that you receive the highest compensation and best medical care you deserve. Regardless of who is at fault for the accident, all those involved are entitled to benefits.
What Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Do
Your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer ensures there is an in-depth investigation of your accident to determine who is at fault and what kind of a claim you are entitled to: a Tort Claim and an Accident Benefits Claim.
A Tort Claim is an entitlement for compensation from the at fault driver’s insurance company. An Accident Benefits Claim is no fault compensation for income replacement, medical and rehabilitation expenses as well as expenses for attendant care and housekeeping usually from your own insurance company You can rely on your Motorcycle Accident Lawyer to professionally handleall your claims so that you can focus on recovering from your accident.
Leaders in Personal Injury Law with Over 10,000 Cases Settled
Reasons for Motorcycle Accidents
There are a variety of reasons a motorcycle accident might occur. You may be going just a bit too fast for conditions, or someone may merge without seeing you in that lane. Whatever the reason, having an experienced Toronto motorcycle accident lawyer on your side is an important step in ensure a complete recovery. Contact us for a free case review today!
- Lane splitting
- While lane-splitting (or “filtering”) is illegal in many parts of Canada, the law in Ottawa is vague. It’s advisable to not split lanes, but if you do and get into an accident – it doesn’t necessarily mean a crime was committed on your part. Be sure you’re getting the right legal representation
- Most vehicular accidents occur due to excessive speed. Whether you’re in a car or on a motorcycle, traveling at the legal speed limit is important. If you are in an accident and were speeding – be sure a lawyer represents your best interests with the courts.
- Changing lanes unsafely
- Not signaling or not being visible in your lane can cause unsafe lane change conditions. Be sure to follow all the rules of the road. If you do get into an accident either because you changed lanes unsafely – or because another car hit you while changing lanes, an attorney will definitely make a difference in the outcome of your case.
- Bad road conditions (i.e. potholes)
- Cold and warm weather is the culprit in many cases for bad roads, and they can be especially treacherous on a motorcycle. If you’re injured in an accident due to poor roads, including grass clippings in the street – a Toronto-based motorcycle accident lawyer can help ensure you’re taken care of.
- Distracted driving
- Getting distracted happens, and if it happens while you’re riding – or while someone near you is driving, and an accident is the result, be sure your best interests are represented. From injury recover, loss of work and replacement of damaged property – having a lawyer can make a big difference in the outcome.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
There are a variety of injuries that can happen when you’re in a motorcycle accident – from bumps and scraps to serious injury and even death. Make sure you’re represented well against the person who hit you, and their insurance company. Hiring your own motorcycle accident lawyer will ensure you’re taken care of.
Some injuries you may suffer as a result of a motorcycle accident:
- Scrapes and cuts from minor to sever and requiring skin therapy
- Broken bones are painful – be sure you have the time to recover!
- Head injuries can be temporary or last the rest of your life. An attorney can ensure you and your family are taken care of.
- Internal organ damage is common with bad motorcycle injuries. This damage can have a long-term effect. Be sure you’re protected.
- Spinal cord / paralysis is a real possibility – even in a relatively minor accident.
- Death is the worst case scenario – but loved ones are left to pick up the pieces. A motorcycle accident lawyer from Himelfarb Proszanski can help.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
A motorcycle accident can be something as simple as laying your bike down at a stop – or as catastrophic as being hit on an interstate at a high rate of speed. Either way, making sure you’re well represented is important! Contact us today to discuss your case.
Some types of motorcycle accidents that require legal representation:
- Left turn accidents happen a lot – vehicle drivers sometimes forget to use side mirrors, or you’re sitting in their blind spot
- Head on collisions – most of the time, these happen as motorcycle vs. car – and the outcome is messy. Be sure you’re taken care of!
- Rear end collisions happen whether you’re driving a car or a motorcycle. Be sure you’re well represented against their insurance company.
- Tbone accidents are scary and extremely dangerous. The injury and damage from a t-bone accident can have life-long effects.
- Bike roll over can be as simple as laying the bike down while at a stop light to rolling to the side and sliding at a high rate of speed.
Leaders in Personal Injury Law with a Combined Settlement Value in Excess of ¾ Billion Dollars
How it Works
We meet with you for a free consultation to get things started. You can either come to our offices or have us come to you. Our personal injury lawyers will meet you at home, in the hospital, or anywhere convenient to you.
How We Work with You
Why Choose HIMPRO?
Himelfarb Proszanski is a leading law firm with full service personal injury lawyers.We have been recognized by Best Lawyers and have the highest rating, AV Preeminent, from Martindale-Hubbell. We provide a combined century of trial experience which has led to the successful settlement of over 10,000 cases with combined settlement value in excess of 3/4 billion dollars. And finally, we’re the only firm to offer you the HIMPRO Advantage™.
> Click on each title on the right to view the answers.
Our Exclusive Guarantee
- Your injury is assessed and your options are discussed
- Your rights are protected and your claim is pursued
- Your disability and other benefits are secured
- You or a loved one obtains the award they deserve
- You receive updates throughout the entire process – Our Communication Guarantee
- Your injury assessments are booked with respected specialists
- Your rehabilitation is optimized and personalized using our extensive network of rehabilitation and medical specialists
- Your rehabilitation is monitored and tracked
- Your case is managed by our lawyers from start to finish
- You are made aware of options designed to maximize your settlement amount
What We Offer
- Free Case Evaluation
Schedule your free no-obligation personal injury evaluation.
- Hospital & Home Visits
Visits are available free of charge anywhere in Ontario.
- No Fees Unless We Win
Our guarantee: we don’t get paid until your case settles.